Monday, March 8, 2010

It was Ryan's 27th birthday on Sunday and we made a weekend out of it! It was a great, great, GREAT weekend! It was so refreshing and we really needed it.


Since we have been married, we have tried to set aside Friday evenings as date nights. It is something that I highly recommend to all married couples. Life gets so busy and it's important to take the time to make your marriage a priority. With the arrival of our little girl, obviously our date night has had to be postponed. This Friday, the Cook's date night resumed!! And just in the nick of time....I could tell that I needed a night out with my man. :) So, we left Audrey with the grandparents and went to see Alice in Wonderland. Can't say I really enjoyed the movie (too dark for me), but I thoroughly enjoyed some time away just me and the hubby. We got to hold hands and snuggle in the movie theater...so great. ;) I have to admit, I had to make a conscious effort not to think/worry about my daughter. It was probably good we didn't go to dinner, because I would have been talking about her or wanting to call to see how she was doing the entire evening. ;) But, Ryan encouraged me to just enjoy the 2.5 hrs we had together. Thank you to Gma Lori and Gpa Alan for taking such wonderful care of baby girl.


Saturday we decided to take a drive to Astoria. Just one of the many great things about living in Portland...the Ocean is just a couple hours away. Astoria is such a cute little seaside town. It's actually right where the Columbia river spills into the Pacific...I'd love to go back and spend a little more time exploring. They apparently have a trolley tour that takes you around to some of the spots where movies were filmed. i.e. The Goonies and Kindergarten Cop. Anyway...we got there around lunch time, had some fish and chips, then drove up to the Astoria Column. A breathtaking lookout spot! Baby Audrey was so good the entire day. And it was a Gorgeous, relatively warm, spring day!










The fun continued on into Sunday. We had a wonderful pdx Bridges Church service. Good Word, good Worship time, and good company. We were blessed to have some special visitors, Irma and David Wallace, friends from our home church in Phoenix. They took us out for a yummy lunch to help celebrate Ryan's birthday. It was such a treat to spend some time with familiar faces.

That evening, my sister-in-law, Shelley was having a baby shower hosted by some friends out in Scappose (town the Cooks lived in back in the day). Ryan graciously gave me permission to leave him for a few hours on his bday to go hang out with some ladies and show of our baby. He knew I needed it. :) He stayed at home and hung out playing xbox with his two brothers, which made me feel not so bad. Anyway, it was sooooo great to get to hang out with some other mommies with young babies! The shower was really fun...lots of good food and laughter and oohing and awing over adorable baby boy clothes. ;)

I thank the Lord for bringing my sweet, wonderful, most favorite, Ryan into the world 27 years ago! I have loved hearing about all the stories/events/memories that have made him who he is today. It's been fun celebrating the last 5 birthdays with him and looking forward to many more!

Love you so much, Love!!


p.s. I have to mention that my sister-in-law, Jennifer, blessed my socks off on Friday afternoon by treating me to a pedicure! She is 17, going to dual highschool and college and works a partime job for some extra cash. I was humbled that she wanted to spend some of that hard earned cash on me. And let me tell you...it was pure HEAVEN!! Audrey fell right asleep in my arms from the massage chair, so I was able to totally RELAX and enjoy the 30+ minutes of pampering. My toes look pretty again. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment