Saturday, March 13, 2010

some new opportunities...

In October, I got myself a very part time/seasonal job at Old Navy. I had never worked retail before, but I thought it would be fun and get me out of the house; Not to mention, give us a little extra cash for Christmas presents...and that it did. :) I only lasted until just after Christmas. Being 9 months prego, anything beyond a 4 hour shift being on my feet was pretty killer. And I have to say, people are absolutely NUTS while shopping during the holiday season. It made me sad actually. As Americans, we have definitely bought into the consumerism lie. Don't get me wrong, I like to shop and love to give gifts, but it did make me take a step back a re-evaluate things.

Anyway, I was actually asked this week if I would like to return again, on a VERY part time basis. I had tossed around the idea of looking for a job somewhere but, with no real options for baby sitting (don't want to put her in daycare and most fam members are working during the day) and with me being Audrey's food supply, I decided to hold off on the job search. So, when this opportunity came up, I was excited. :) It will be no more than 15-20 hrs weekly and the shifts will be no more than 4 hours. AND, they were totally ok with my availability working around Ryan's work schedule and church on Sunday. It's going to be nice just to get out of the house for a few hours here and there, have some extra spending cash/money toward groceries, and a DISCOUNT! ;)

I had my first 3 hour refresher training shift yesterday. It went well. I spent most of the time thinking about and praying for Audrey and Ryan. I was so bummed to come home to an inconsolable child. I felt so bad for Ryan...he had this look of complete helplessness as our child was screaming her head off. :/ He was so looking forward to having a good date night with his little daughter. She definitely relies on nursing for comfort, because she wasn't eating out of a bottle I had pumped for her. I'm hoping me being gone for a few hours at a time will help her and daddy bond and wean her off of comfort nursing.

In other news, I'm going to check out this Bible study group on Tuesday that I'm SUPER excited about!! It is called 'Motherwise' and consists of a group of women that are all actively still raising young children. So looking forward to connecting with some other moms and also getting into the Word with other believers.

Well, that's all I have to report for now. Baby girl is snoozing so I better get myself to bed too.

Peace out! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment